Leatherwood Elementary School
- The student population of 199 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 7% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades KG-8|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five years.
- The school's diversity score of 0.01 is less than the state average of 0.24. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- Perry County School District's student population of 4,239 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $11,174 is higher than the state average of $10,658. The district revenue/student has grown by 10% over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,018 is higher than the state average of $10,531. The district spending/student has grown by 14% over four years.
|School District Name||Perry County School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||4,239||2,307|
|District Total Revenue||$47 MM||$25 MM|
|District Spending||$47 MM||$24 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,174||$10,658|
|District Spending / Student||$11,018||$10,531|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ViperViper Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
20 Eddington Lane
Viper, KY 41774
YeaddissHayes Lewis Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 161 students
10130 Cutshin Rd
Yeaddiss, KY 41777
HappyRobert W Combs Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 430 students
Hwy 15 South
Happy, KY 41746
LetcherLetcher Middle SchoolGrades: 6-8 | 160 students
162 Lhs Dr
Letcher, KY 41832
BlackeyLetcher Elementary SchoolGrades: PK-5 | 388 students
160 Letcher High School Dr
Blackey, KY 41804
July 12, 2017
Learn whether a year round attendance schedule or traditional schedule may be more appropriate for your child.
July 12, 2017
It is helpful to know the issues involved when considering public versus private schools. More about these considerations here.
July 02, 2017
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.