Leesburg Elementary School
- Leesburg Elementary School's student population of 519 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2005)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||519 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leesburg Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1234 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Loudoun County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leesburg Ball's Bluff Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 628 students
821 Battlefield Pkwy Ne
Leesburg, VA 20176
(571) 252-2880 0.8 PK-5 628
- Leesburg Douglass School
407 E. Market St.
Leesburg, VA 20176
(571) 252-2060 0.8 n/a n/a
- Leesburg Frederick Douglass Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 717 students
510 Principal Drummond Way Se
Leesburg, VA 20175
(571) 252-1920 0.9 PK-5 717
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.