Leonard M Jennings Elementary School
Leonard M Jennings Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Leonard M Jennings Elementary School's student population of 296 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||296 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Leonard M Jennings Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 2,039 schools in Washington (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#53 out of 2039 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Colfax School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Colfax Colfax High School Grades: 7-12 | 289 students
1110 N. Morton Street
Colfax, WA 99111
(509) 397-4368 0.1 7-12 289
- Steptoe Steptoe Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 43 students
12 Tennessee Street
Steptoe, WA 99174
(509) 397-3119 7.7 PK-8 43
- Garfield Garfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 59 students
810 North Third Street
Garfield, WA 99130
(509) 635-1331 13.2 PK-5 59
- Garfield Garfield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 26 students
810 N Third Street
Garfield, WA 99130
(509) 878-1921 13.2 6-8 26
- Pullman Pullman High School Grades: 9-12 | 840 students
510 Nw Greyhound Way
Pullman, WA 99163
(509) 332-1551 13.3 9-12 840
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.