Lewis Lemon Elementary School
Lewis Lemon Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Lewis Lemon Elementary School's student population of 395 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||395 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lewis Lemon Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3513 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤1%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rockford SD 205 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rockford Ellis Arts Academy Grades: K-5 | 479 students
222 S Central Ave
Rockford, IL 61102
(815)966-3909 0.2 K-5 479
- Rockford Mcintosh Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 361 students
525 N Pierpont Ave
Rockford, IL 61101
(815)966-3275 0.9 K-5 361
- Rockford Wilson Aspire Grades: 7-10 | 28 students
520 N Pierpont Ave
Rockford, IL 61101
(815)966-3770 0.9 7-10 28
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.