Lexington Elementary School
Lexington Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Lexington Elementary School's student population of 870 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||870 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lexington Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#8409 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cajon Valley Union School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- El Cajon Anza Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 549 students
1005 S. Anza St.
El Cajon, CA 92020
(619) 588-3116 0.3 K-5 549
- La Mesa Reach Academy Grades: 9-12 | 39 students
230 Jamacha Rd.
La Mesa, CA 91944
(619) 588-3580 0.6 9-12 39
- El Cajon El Cajon Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,838 student
1035 E. Madison Ave.
El Cajon, CA 92021
(619) 579-5855 0.7 9-12 1,838
- El Cajon Empower Grades: K-8 | 10 students
165 Roanoke Rd.
El Cajon, CA 92022
(619) 588-3296 0.7 K-8 10
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.