Lexington Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 596 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 29%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 53% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 61% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
53% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 61% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Lexington Middle School?
596 students attend Lexington Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
71% of Lexington Middle School students are White, 12% of students are Black, 6% of students are Asian, 6% of students are Hispanic, and 5% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Lexington Middle School?
Lexington Middle School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Lexington Middle School offer ?
Lexington Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Lexington Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities