Liberty High School
Liberty High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Liberty High School's student population of 2,686 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 110 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,686 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||110 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Liberty High School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall School Rank||#121 out of 620 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clark County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Steve Schorr Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 924 students
11420 Placid Street
Las Vegas, NV 89183
(702)799-1380 0.6 PK-5 924
- Las Vegas John R Hummel Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 706 students
9800 Placid St.
Las Vegas, NV 89183
(702)799-6810 1.6 PK-5 706
- Henderson Elise L. Wolff Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 895 students
1001 Seven Hills Dr.
Henderson, NV 89052
(702)799-2230 1.8 PK-5 895
- Las Vegas Roberta C Cartwright Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 685 students
1050 E. Gary Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89123
(702)799-1350 2.0 PK-5 685
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.