Lime Street Elementary School serves 874 students in grades Kindergarten-6.
Lime Street Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is <50% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is higher than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 88% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Kindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 874 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 88%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in CA
- Math Proficiency: <50% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: <50% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Lime Street Elementary School's student population of 874 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Lime Street Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Lime Street Elementary School is 0.49, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#840 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lime Street Elementary School's ranking?
Lime Street Elementary School is ranked #840 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
<50% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while <50% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
How many students attend Lime Street Elementary School?
874 students attend Lime Street Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
69% of Lime Street Elementary School students are Hispanic, 15% of students are Black, 12% of students are White, 3% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Lime Street Elementary School?
Lime Street Elementary School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Lime Street Elementary School offer ?
Lime Street Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Kindergarten-6
What school district is Lime Street Elementary School part of?
Lime Street Elementary School is part of Hesperia Unified School District.
Review Lime Street Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.