Lokelani Intermediate School
- Lokelani Intermediate School's student population of 591 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lokelani Intermediate School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 288 schools in Hawaii (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (HI)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#177 out of 288 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hawaii Department Of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kihei Kihei Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 781 students
250 E Lipoa St
Kihei, HI 96753
(808)875-6818 0.5 PK-5 781
- Kihei Kihei Charter School Grades: K-12 | 520 students
300 Ohukai Rd, Suite 209
Kihei, HI 96753
(808)875-0700 1.3 K-12 520
- Kahului Pomaikai Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 595 students
4650 S Kamehameha Ave
Kahului, HI 96732
(808)876-7610 7.9 PK-5 595
- Kula Kula Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 439 students
5000 Kula Hwy
Kula, HI 96790
(808)876-7610 8.1 PK-5 439
I love this school because the teachers are nice and helpful and they teach me a lot
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Nilalani
My daughter attends 8th grade and we are very happy with the education and opportunities that are available. There is the opportunity for advanced classes and to participate in state/national programs (writing, history, art, etc.) The Principal is very accessible and well-respected by students, teachers and parents. The facilities are adequate -- it would be nice if Hawaii spent more money at the local level of facilities and teachers. There are many opportunities for parents to be involved which are communicated by a monthly newsletter and posters at the school -- a parent can be involved as much as they want to be.
- Posted by Parent - wydom
The academic awards are not held very well. There aren't any school teams to play in, the parents are left in the dark about everything, along with many students. The staff is not good, save a few teachers. Disciplinary action is not dealt with well. The facilities are filthy, and only some rooms have air conditioning so it is extremely hot. This is a truely horrible school, and I would never send a child a care about here.
- Posted by Parent - chors