Kihei Elementary School
- Kihei Elementary School's student population of 794 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||794 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kihei Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (HI)|
|Overall School Rank||#78 out of 288 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hawaii Department of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kihei Kihei Charter School Grades: K-12 | 526 students
300 Ohukai Rd, Suite 209
Kihei, HI 96753
(808)875-0700 1.8 K-12 526
- Kula Kula Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 446 students
5000 Kula Hwy
Kula, HI 96790
(808)876-7610 8.1 PK-5 446
- Kahului Pomaikai Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 581 students
4650 S Kamehameha Ave
Kahului, HI 96732
(808)876-7610 8.4 PK-5 581
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.