Lone Tree Elementary School
- Lone Tree Elementary School's student population of 389 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||389 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lone Tree Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#3876 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wheatland School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beale Afb Wheatland Charter Academy Grades: K-5 | 98 students
123 Beale Hwy.
Beale Afb, CA 95903
(530) 788-0248 0.0 K-5 98
- Marysville Marysville Charter Academy For The Arts Grades: 7-12 | 380 students
1917 B St.
Marysville, CA 95901
(530) 749-6156 3.2 7-12 380
- Wheatland Wheatland Community Day High School Grades: 7-12
1010 Wheatland Rd.
Wheatland, CA 95692
(530) 633-3100 8.4 7-12 n/a
- Wheatland Bear River Grades: 4-8 | 571 students
100 Wheatland Park Dr.
Wheatland, CA 95692
(530) 633-3135 8.5 4-8 571
- Sheridan Sheridan Grades: K-5 | 52 students
4730 H St.
Sheridan, CA 95681
(530) 633-2591 8.5 K-5 52
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.