Long Drain School
- Long Drain School's student population of 245 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Long Drain School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||WETZEL COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hundred Hundred High School Grades: 9-12 | 112 students
Hundred, WV 26575
(304)775-5221 2.0 9-12 112
- Cameron Cameron High School Grades: 7-12 | 325 students
2012 Blue And Gold Rd
Cameron, WV 26033
(304)686-3336 11.9 7-12 325
- Mannington Mannington Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 307 students
113 Clarksburg Street
Mannington, WV 26582
(304)986-1050 11.9 PK-8 307
- Cameron Cameron Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 334 students
12 Church Street
Cameron, WV 26033
(304)686-3305 12.2 PK-6 334
- Pine Grove Valley High School Grades: 9-12 | 155 students
44 Lumberjack Lane
Pine Grove, WV 26419
(304)889-3151 12.3 9-12 155
Research shows that students of color face a disproportionate number of disciplinary actions in U.S. public schools. Learn about these disparities, as well as the policies that fuel them. Also learn about suggested measures to address this problem.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.