Lookout Mountain Elementary School
Lookout Mountain Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 5%)
Lookout Mountain Elementary School's student population of 165 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Lookout Mountain Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,684 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Lookout Mountain Elementary School is 0.08, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#17 out of 1684 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hamilton County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school and middle school to Lookout Mountain Elementary School is Lookout Valley Middle / High School (2.6 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Fairyland Elementary School (1.7 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Lookout Mountain Fairyland Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 289 students
1306 Lula Lake Rd
Lookout Mountain, GA 30750
(706) 820-1171 1.7 PK-5 289
- Chattanooga Calvin Donaldson Environmental Science Academy Grades: PK-5 | 476 students
927 West 37th St
Chattanooga, TN 37410
(423) 825-7337 1.8 PK-5 476
- Chattanooga Lookout Valley Middle / High School Grades: 6-12 | 352 students
350 Lookout High St
Chattanooga, TN 37419
(423) 825-7352 2.6 6-12 352
- Rossville Rossville Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 492 students
1250 Wilson Rd
Rossville, GA 30741
(706) 866-5901 2.6 PK-5 492
- Chattanooga The Howard School Grades: 9-12 | 945 students
2500 South Market St
Chattanooga, TN 37408
(423) 209-5868 2.8 9-12 945
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world on its head. The effects of the global pandemic will be felt for years to come, though maybe more so in certain populations. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of special education in the United States.
May 17, 2021
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
May 17, 2021
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?