Northeast Claiborne Charter School District
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Northeast Claiborne Charter School District serving 169 students in Summerfield, Louisiana.
- Minority enrollment is 56% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Louisiana state average of 55%.
Northeast Claiborne Charter School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Summerfield Northeast Claiborne Charter 100 West Holly
Summerfield, LA 71079
Grades: K-12 | 169 students
|School District Name||Northeast Claiborne Charter School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||169 students|
|# of Teachers||3 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||56:1|
|# of Male Students||81 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||88 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||85 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||75 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||3 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||17|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||9|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||10|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Northeast Claiborne Charter School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.