Luis Munoz Rivera
Luis Munoz Rivera serves 240 students in grades Kindergarten-5.
Luis Munoz Rivera placed in the top 30% of all schools in Puerto Rico for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 33%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Puerto Rico state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the Puerto Rico state level of 12:1.
Luis Munoz Rivera ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Puerto Rico for:
Percent Eligible For Free Lunch
Luis Munoz Rivera's student population of 240 students has grown by 29% over five school years.
The teacher population of 25 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Luis Munoz Rivera is ranked within the top 30% of all 836 schools in Puerto Rico (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Luis Munoz Rivera is 0.00, which is equal to the diversity score at state average of 0.00. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (PR)
Overall Testing Rank
#196 out of 836 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, PR Dept. of Education
Review Luis Munoz Rivera. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
27 Parenting Tips for School Success
From managing homework to avoiding helicopter parenting, this article provides 27 insightful tips for parents to help their children succeed academically.
Safety First: School Bus Safety Week Focuses on Keeping Students Safe on the Road
Learn about what schools have planned for school bus safety week, as well as problems school bus drivers commonly face while transporting students to and from school.
Chicagoans Asked to Pay More Taxes to Support Local Schools
Learn about the recent decision by Mayor Emanuel to raise property taxes to provide additional funding for local schools – and the controversy surrounding his decision.