M J Christensen Elementary School
- M J Christensen Elementary School's student population of 579 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||579 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- M J Christensen Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 660 schools in Nevada (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#212 out of 660 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clark County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Las Vegas Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 704 students
3550 S. Kevin Way
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(702) 799-4440 0.9 PK-5 704
- Las Vegas Piggott Academy Of International Studies Grades: PK-5 | 694 students
9601 Red Hills Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89117
(702) 799-4450 1.3 PK-5 694
- Las Vegas D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 766 students
3035 Desert Marigold Ln.
Las Vegas, NV 89135
(702) 799-6077 1.4 PK-5 766
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.
Many students are using them to cut the time they need to spend in college, while parents see them as a real money saver. We look at the growing popularity of dual-enrollment programs in high schools today.
We examine recent efforts by students to overturn the longstanding tradition of segregated proms in many areas of the state, and why the effort still faces challenges today.