Mabel Elementary School
Top Placements (North Carolina)
Mabel Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Mabel Elementary School's student population of 188 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mabel Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Mabel Elementary School is Watauga County s School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 272 school districts in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Watauga County s School District's student population of 4,402 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,384 is higher than the state average of $8,969. The district revenue/student has grown by 15% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,883 is higher than the state average of $8,766. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Watauga County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||4,402||870|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$52 MM||$8 MM|
|District Spending||$50 MM||$8 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,384||$8,969|
|District Spending / Student||$10,883||$8,766|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vilas Cove Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
930 Vanderpool Rd
Vilas, NC 28692
(828)297-2781 4.2 PK-8 297
- Sugar Grove Bel Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 175 students
138 Bethel School Rd
Sugar Grove, NC 28679
(828)297-2240 6.1 K-8 175
- Boone Green Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 375 students
189 Big Hill Road
Boone, NC 28607
(828)264-3606 6.2 PK-8 375
- Sugar Grove Valle Crucis Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 346 students
2998 Broadstone Road
Sugar Grove, NC 28679
(828)963-4712 7.6 PK-8 346
- Mountain City Roan Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 476 students
2410 Roan Creek Rd
Mountain City, TN 37683
(423)727-4964 8.3 PK-6 476
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.