Mabel Elementary School
- Mabel Elementary School's student population of 188 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mabel Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Watauga County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vilas Cove Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
930 Vanderpool Rd
Vilas, NC 28692
(828)297-2781 4.2 PK-8 297
- Sugar Grove Bel Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 175 students
138 Bethel School Rd
Sugar Grove, NC 28679
(828)297-2240 6.1 K-8 175
- Boone Green Valley Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 375 students
189 Big Hill Road
Boone, NC 28607
(828)264-3606 6.2 PK-8 375
- Sugar Grove Valle Crucis Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 346 students
2998 Broadstone Road
Sugar Grove, NC 28679
(828)963-4712 7.6 PK-8 346
- Mountain City Roan Creek Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 476 students
2410 Roan Creek Rd
Mountain City, TN 37683
(423)727-4964 8.3 PK-6 476
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.