Top Maine Charter Public High Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 7 charter public high schools in Maine, serving 1,755 students.
- Maine charter public high school have a Graduation Rate of 66%, which is less than the Maine average of 85%.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Maine public high school average of 10% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the Maine public high school average of 12:1.
Top Maine Charter Public High Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cornville Downtown Campus 78 Water Street
Skowhegan, ME 04976
Grades: 6-12 | 41 students
- Harpswell Coastal Academy 9 Ash Point Road
Harpswell, ME 04079
Grades: 6-12 | 195 students
- Maine Academy Of Natural Sciences 13 Easler Drive
Hinckley, ME 04944
Grades: 9-12 | 178 students
- Maine Connections Academy 75 John Roberts Rd Unit 11b
South Portland, ME 04106
Grades: 7-12 | 406 students
- Maine Virtual Academy 6 East Chestnut St. Suite 230
Augusta, ME 04330
Grades: 7-12 | 390 students
- Snow Pond Arts Academy School 8 Goldenrod Lane
Augusta, ME 04330
Grades: 9-12 | 145 students
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.