RSU 10 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 public schools in RSU 10 School District, serving 1,780 students. RSU 10 School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Maine.
- Public schools in RSU 10 School District have an average math proficiency score of 23% (versus the Maine public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 35% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 1/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Maine public school average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Maine public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||RSU 10 School District|
|School District Website||http://district.rsu10.org|
|School District Phone Number||(207) 562-7254|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||602 Schools|
|# of Students||1,780 Students||175,788 Students|
|# of Teachers||163 Teachers||14,755 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
- RSU 10 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-84% has decreased from 85% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#196 out of 230 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||1,499 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||2,627 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||34 Students||3,940 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||23 Students||6,453 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,691 Students||156,650 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||195 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||25 Students||4,424 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||81||5,595|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||124||12,579|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||132||12,547|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||112||12,683|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||124||13,247|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||128||13,340|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||140||13,715|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||135||13,474|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||111||13,797|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||152||13,732|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||141||12,731|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||127||12,700|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||139||12,790|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||134||12,858|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $24,585 is higher than the state median of $14,842. The school district revenue/student has grown by 63% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $24,087 is higher than the state median of $14,515. The school district spending/student has grown by 68% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$44 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$43 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student (13-14)||$24,585||$14,842|
|Revenue / Student (13-14)||$24,087||$14,515|
RSU 10 School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Buckfield Junior Senior High School 160 Morrill Street
Buckfield, ME 04220
Grades: 7-12 | 238 students
- Hartford-sumner Elementary School 145 Main Street
Sumner, ME 04292
Grades: PK-6 | 304 students
- Mountain Valley High School 799 Hancock Street
Rumford, ME 04276
Grades: 9-12 | 385 students
- Rumford Elementary School 121 Lincoln Avenue
Rumford, ME 04276
Grades: PK-5 | 290 students
- Mountain Valley Middle School 58 Highland Terrace
Mexico, ME 04257
Grades: 6-8 | 276 students
- Meroby Elementary School 21 Cross Street
Mexico, ME 04257
Grades: PK-5 | 287 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.