RSU 64/MSAD 64 School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in RSU 64/MSAD 64 School District, serving 1,060 students. RSU 64/MSAD 64 School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Maine.
- Public schools in RSU 64/MSAD 64 School District have an average math proficiency score of 30% (versus the Maine public school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 42% (versus the 50% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public schools in Maine.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Maine public school average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is more than the Maine public school average of 12:1.
|School District Name||RSU 64/MSAD 64 School District|
|School District Website||http://www.rsu64schools.org|
|School District Phone Number||(207) 285-3334|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ME)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||602 Schools|
|# of Students||1,060 Students||175,788 Students|
|# of Teachers||81 Teachers||14,755 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
- RSU 64/MSAD 64 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 65-69% has decreased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#149 out of 230 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||11 Students||1,499 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||2,627 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||23 Students||3,940 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||6 Students||6,453 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||995 Students||156,650 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||195 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||23 Students||4,424 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||53||5,595|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||70||12,579|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||84||12,547|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||67||12,683|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||87||13,247|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||86||13,340|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||91||13,715|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||70||13,474|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||83||13,797|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||78||13,732|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||79||12,731|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||67||12,700|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||80||12,790|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||65||12,858|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,890 is higher than the state median of $14,842. The school district revenue/student has grown by 9% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,314 is higher than the state median of $14,515. The school district spending/student has declined by 38% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (ME)|
|Total Revenue||$16 MM||$6 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$6 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,890||$14,842|
|Revenue / Student||$18,314||$14,515|
RSU 64/MSAD 64 School District Public Schools (2020-21)
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?