Manatee Academy K-8
Manatee Academy K-8 places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Manatee Academy K-8's student population of 1,343 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 87 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,343 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||87 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Manatee Academy K-8's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1556 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Lucie School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Port Saint Lucie St. Lucie West K-8 School Grades: K-8 | 1432 students
1501 Sw Cashmere Blvd
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34986
(772)785-6630 0.6 K-8 1432
- Port Saint Lucie Bayshore Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 649 students
1661 Sw Bayshore Blvd
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34984
(772)340-4720 1.7 PK-5 649
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.