Manchester Middle School
- Manchester Middle School's student population of 315 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||315 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Manchester Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1691 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Meriwether County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manchester Manchester High School Grades: 9-12 | 464 students
405 N 5th Ave
Manchester, GA 31816
(706)846-8445 0.5 9-12 464
- Manchester Mountain View Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 764 students
2600 Judson Bulloch Rd
Manchester, GA 31816
(706)655-3969 2.0 PK-5 764
- Warm Springs Good Sheperd Therapeutic Center Grades: 9-10 | 8 students
390 Bar Best Ranch Rd
Warm Springs, GA 31830
(706)655-2354 5.9 9-10 8
- Woodbury George E. Washington Elementary School (pk-5) Grades: PK-5 | 366 students
18425 Main St
Woodbury, GA 30293
(706)553-3951 8.8 PK-5 366
- Talbotton Central Elementary/high School Grades: PK-12 | 491 students
945 N Washington Ave
Talbotton, GA 31827
(706)665-8577 12.4 PK-12 491
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.