Manhattan Academy For Arts And Languages
Manhattan Academy For Arts And Languages places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
Manhattan Academy For Arts And Languages's student population of 266 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||266 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Manhattan Academy For Arts And Languages is ranked within the top 20% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Manhattan Academy For Arts And Languages is 0.15, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#692 out of 4239 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic District # 2 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Manhattan Academy For Arts And Languages is Murray Hill Academy (0.0 miles away)
The nearest middle school is Quest To Learn (0.5 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is P.S. 116 Mary Lindley Murray (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York P.S. 116 Mary Lindley Murray Grades: PK-6 | 545 students
210 E 33rd St
New York, NY 10016
(212) 685-4366 0.2 PK-6 545
- New York Baruch College Campus High School Grades: 9-12 | 459 students
55 E 25th St
New York, NY 10010
(212) 683-7440 0.4 9-12 459
- New York Quest To Learn Grades: 6-12 | 579 students
351 W 18th St
New York, NY 10011
(212) 488-3645 0.5 6-12 579
- New York Satellite Academy High School Grades: 9-12 | 291 students
120 W 30th St
New York, NY 10001
(646) 674-2800 0.5 9-12 291
Jay McDowell, a public school teacher in Howell, evicted a student for making anti-homosexual comments, but now the instructor faces suspension. Learn about the national controversy that involves this local Michigan teacher.
A six-year old in Aurora, Colorado, was suspended after singing an LMFAO song to a little girl in his class and reportedly “shaking his booty.” We look at the case and the sexual harassment problem in public schools today.
After playing rapper Macklemore's "Same Love" pro-gay rights rap song in class, a Michigan teacher was suspended with no pay. We explore the controversy.