Maple Glen Elementary School
Maple Glen Elementary School serves 572 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Maple Glen Elementary School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Indiana for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 78% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 67% (which is higher than the Indiana state average of 49%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the Indiana state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Indiana state average of 34% (majority Black).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Students: 572 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 21%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in IN
- Math Proficiency: 78% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 67% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Maple Glen Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Maple Glen Elementary School's student population of 572 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 18% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Maple Glen Elementary School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,757 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Maple Glen Elementary School is 0.37, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (IN)
Overall Testing Rank
#75 out of 1757 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), IN Dept. of Education
Awesome school and great teachers, my teachers treat me as good as anyone else.
Poor At one time, this school was great and caring. No longer the case. They rarely give the kids their recess time and don't monitor the playground when they do give recess. They sweep bullying under the rug. I give it a one star because there are a few really wonderful teachers left at this school.
Review Maple Glen Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.