Mar Vista Elementary School
- Mar Vista Elementary School's student population of 442 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||442 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mar Vista Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4511 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pajaro Valley Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aptos Valencia Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 558 students
250 Aptos Sch Rd.
Aptos, CA 95003
(831) 688-2013 1.5 K-6 558
- Capitola New Brighton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 702 students
250 Washburn Ave.
Capitola, CA 95010
(831) 464-5660 1.7 6-8 702
- Soquel Main Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 474 students
3400 N. Main St.
Soquel, CA 95073
(831) 464-5650 2.1 K-5 474
- Santa Cruz Santa Cruz County Rop Grades: 10-12
400 Encinal St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 466-5762 2.1 10-12 n/a
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.