Main Street Elementary School
- Main Street Elementary School's student population of 463 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||463 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Main Street Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 26:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1765 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Soquel Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Soquel Soquel High School Grades: 9-12 | 1116 students
401 Old San Jose Rd.
Soquel, CA 95073
(831)429-3909 0.1 9-12 1116
- Soquel Soquel Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 409 students
2700 Porter St.
Soquel, CA 95073
(831)464-5655 0.5 K-5 409
- Santa Cruz Santa Cruz County Rop Grades: 10-12
400 Encinal St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831)466-5762 0.8 10-12 n/a
- Capitola New Brighton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 740 students
250 Washburn Ave.
Capitola, CA 95010
(831)464-5660 1.1 6-8 740
- Santa Cruz Santa Cruz Gardens Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 322 students
8005 Winkle Ave.
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
(831)464-5670 1.4 K-5 322
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.