Marine Academy Of Science And Technology
Marine Academy Of Science And Technology places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Marine Academy Of Science And Technology's student population of 297 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|School Type||Vocational school|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2013)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marine Academy Of Science And Technology is ranked within the top 1% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Monmouth County Vocational School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Highlands Highlands Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 192 students
360 Navesink Avenue, Hwy #36
Highlands, NJ 07732
(732)872-1476 3.9 PK-6 192
- Leonardo Bayshore Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 672 students
834 Leonardville Road
Leonardo, NJ 07737
(732)291-1380 4.3 6-8 672
- Atlantic Highlands Navesink Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 282 students
151 Monmouth Avenue
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716
(732)291-0289 4.4 K-5 282
- Leonardo Leonardo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 233 students
14 Hosford Avenue
Leonardo, NJ 07737
(732)291-1330 4.5 K-5 233
Nearby Homes for Sale
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.