Marshwood Great Works School
Marshwood Great Works School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Marshwood Great Works School's student population of 285 students has declined by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-5|
|Total Students||285 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Marshwood Great Works School is ranked within the top 20% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#65 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||RSU 35/MSAD 35 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Berwick Central School Grades: PK-3 | 349 students
197 Main Street
South Berwick, ME 03908
(207)384-2333 0.4 PK-3 349
- Rollinsford Rollinsford Grade School Grades: K-6 | 150 students
487 Locust St.
Rollinsford, NH 03869
(603)742-2351 1.0 K-6 150
- South Berwick Marshwood High School Grades: 9-12 | 699 students
260 Dow Highway
South Berwick, ME 03908
(207)384-4500 2.0 9-12 699
- Berwick Berwick Elementary Schools Grades: PK-5 | 634 students
20 Blackberry Hill Rd
Berwick, ME 03901
(207)698-4465 3.1 PK-5 634
- Somersworth Idlehurst Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 469 students
46 Stackpole Road
Somersworth, NH 03878
(603)692-2435 3.5 K-5 469
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.