Martins Mill Elementary School serves 252 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Martins Mill Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-54% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 252 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 27%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Martins Mill Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Martins Mill Elementary School's student population of 252 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Martins Mill Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 8,079 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Martins Mill Elementary School is 0.42, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#1801 out of 8079 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Martins Mill Elementary School's ranking?
Martins Mill Elementary School is ranked #1801 out of 8,079 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Texas.
What schools are Martins Mill Elementary School often compared to?
Martins Mill Elementary Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Canton Elementary School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 45-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
How many students attend Martins Mill Elementary School?
252 students attend Martins Mill Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
73% of Martins Mill Elementary School students are White, 23% of students are Hispanic, 3% of students are Black, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Martins Mill Elementary School?
Martins Mill Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Martins Mill Elementary School offer ?
Martins Mill Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
What school district is Martins Mill Elementary School part of?
Martins Mill Elementary School is part of Martins Mill Independent School District.
Review Martins Mill Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Nearby Homes for Sale
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.