Mary Snow School
Mary Snow School serves 259 students in grades 4-5.
Mary Snow School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Maine for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 64% (which is higher than the Maine state average of 36%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 76% (which is higher than the Maine state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is equal to the Maine state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is higher than the Maine state average of 11% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Mary Snow School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Mary Snow School's student population of 259 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Mary Snow School is ranked within the top 5% of all 524 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Mary Snow School is 0.32, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.21. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (ME)
Overall Testing Rank
#21 out of 524 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, ME Dept. of Education
Review Mary Snow School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Seclusion and Restraint: How Some Public Schools Allow Abuse in Classrooms
Across the country, the implementation of seclusion and restraint and disciplinary measures could be considered child abuse. Learn about the policies that are being enacted in order to protect public school students.
How Should Public Schools Make Up for Snow Days?
Amidst record-breaking snowfall, public schools have shut their doors for an unprecedented number of snow days. Learn about how public schools are planning to make up for the snow days, including extending school hours and even holding classes on Saturdays.
Understanding Education Secretary Arne Duncan: How His CEO Experience Translates for America’s Public Schools
Learn about Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how his experience in Chicago will shape the reforms facing the American education landscape today.