Matthew Paterson Elementary School
- Matthew Paterson Elementary School's student population of 538 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||538 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Matthew Paterson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2626 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carmel Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Kent Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 472 students
1091 Rt 52
Carmel, NY 10512
(845)225-5029 4.0 K-4 472
- Pawling Pawling Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 398 students
7 Haight St
Pawling, NY 12564
(845)855-4630 4.1 K-4 398
- Brewster Brewster High School Grades: 9-12 | 1071 students
50 Foggintown Rd
Brewster, NY 10509
(845)279-5051 4.6 9-12 1071
- Brewster John F Kennedy Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 613 students
31 Foggintown Rd
Brewster, NY 10509
(845)279-2087 4.6 K-2 613
Nearby Homes for Sale
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.