- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 250 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 8:1
- Minority Enrollment: 14%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CT
- Math Proficiency: 55-59% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
55-59% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 48% CT state average), while 60-64% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 58% CT state average).
How many students attend Sherman School?
250 students attend Sherman School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
86% of Sherman School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 2% of students are American Indian, 2% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sherman School?
Sherman School has a student ration of 8:1, which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Sherman School offer ?
Sherman School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-8 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Sherman School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities