Top Connecticut Magnet Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there is 1 top magnet public school in Connecticut, serving 211 students.
- Learn more about how magnet schools work. Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is more than the Connecticut state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is more than the state average of 13:1.
Top Connecticut Magnet Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Stratford Stratford Academy - Honeyspot House 55 Fotch Street
Stratford, CT 06615
Grades: K-2 | 211 students
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.