Top Connecticut Alternative Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 alternative public schools in Connecticut, serving 214 students.
- Minority enrollment is 71% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Connecticut public school average of 46% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the Connecticut public school average of 12:1.
Top Connecticut Alternative Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Alternative Center For Excellence 26 Locust Ave.
Danbury, CT 06810
Grades: 9-12 | 88 students
- Griswold Alternative School 1553 Glasgo Road
Jewett City, CT 06351
Grades: 9-12 | 17 students
- Learning Academy At Bloomfield 20-28 Sargeant Street
Hartford, CT 06105
Grades: 10-12 | 14 students
- Plymouth Alternative High School 77 Main Street
Terryville, CT 06786
Grades: n/a | n/a students
- Stevens Alternate High School 40 Butternut Dr.
East Hartford, CT 06118
Grades: 9-12 | 95 students
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.