Top Connecticut Public Schools
- Connecticut is the #27 largest school system in the United States, serving 536,792 students across the top 1,369 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Connecticut public schools have a diversity score of 0.42, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 44% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(CT) School Average
Two or more races
Top Connecticut Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 285 Schools146,786 Students46% Minority
- 379 Schools140,780 Students51% Minority
- 85 Schools24,115 Students17% Minority
- 74 Schools21,334 Students23% Minority
- 307 Schools127,828 Students51% Minority
- 126 Schools38,917 Students35% Minority
- 58 Schools19,785 Students17% Minority
- 55 Schools17,247 Students27% Minority
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.