Top Connecticut Public Schools
- Connecticut is the #27 largest school system in the United States, serving 536,792 students across the top 1,369 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Connecticut public schools have a diversity score of 0.42, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 44% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(CT) School Average
Two or more races
Top Connecticut Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 285 Schools146,786 Students46% Minority
- 379 Schools140,780 Students51% Minority
- 85 Schools24,115 Students17% Minority
- 74 Schools21,334 Students23% Minority
- 307 Schools127,828 Students51% Minority
- 126 Schools38,917 Students35% Minority
- 58 Schools19,785 Students17% Minority
- 55 Schools17,247 Students27% Minority
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.