Connecticut Public Schools
- Connecticut is the #32 largest school system in the United States, serving 539,553 students across 1,148 public schools.
- Connecticut public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.61, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 43% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(CT) School Average
Two or more races
Connecticut Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 248 Schools146,304 Students45% Minority
- 303 Schools141,625 Students50% Minority
- 77 Schools24,455 Students16% Minority
- 61 Schools21,725 Students22% Minority
- 262 Schools128,821 Students50% Minority
- 99 Schools39,328 Students34% Minority
- 49 Schools20,148 Students16% Minority
- 49 Schools17,147 Students25% Minority
November 09, 2017
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, more commonly referred to simply as “Common Core”, was introduced to help American students graduate from high school better prepared for career and college. But what exactly are these "common core" standards, and are they working?
November 07, 2017
In Indiana, a voucher program is up and running and changing the face of public education in the state.
October 25, 2017
Empower yourself and your children by learning what parents can do to protect their children from bullies and bullying behavior as they enter this new school year.