Top Connecticut Public Schools
- Connecticut is the #32 largest school system in the United States, serving 524,860 students across the top 1,193 public schools for the 2018-19 school year.
- Connecticut public schools have a diversity score of 0.42, which is higher than the national average of 0.32.
- Minority enrollment is 44% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(CT) School Average
Two or more races
Top Connecticut Public Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 260 Schools144,292 Students46% Minority
- 317 Schools137,981 Students51% Minority
- 71 Schools23,980 Students17% Minority
- 63 Schools21,250 Students22% Minority
- 277 Schools124,188 Students51% Minority
- 105 Schools37,561 Students35% Minority
- 49 Schools18,420 Students17% Minority
- 51 Schools17,188 Students27% Minority
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.