Connecticut Public Schools
- Connecticut is the #32 largest school system in the United States, serving 539,553 students across 1,148 public schools.
- Connecticut public schools have a diversity scoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body. of 0.61, which is higher than the national average of 0.51.
- Minority enrollment is 43% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(CT) School Average
Two or more races
Connecticut Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 248 Schools146,304 Students45% Minority
- 303 Schools141,625 Students50% Minority
- 77 Schools24,455 Students16% Minority
- 61 Schools21,725 Students22% Minority
- 262 Schools128,821 Students50% Minority
- 99 Schools39,328 Students34% Minority
- 49 Schools20,148 Students16% Minority
- 49 Schools17,147 Students25% Minority
September 19, 2017
Though many students move straight into college after high school, there is some benefit to taking a "gap year". Keep reading to learn what a gap year is and how it might benefit you.
September 12, 2017
Homework has become deeply ingrained in the U.S. educational system, but how much homework is too much and how can you create a healthy environment for your child to do schoolwork at home?
September 08, 2017
Learn about single-sex education in public schools.