Connecticut Public Schools
- Connecticut is the #27 largest school system in the United States, serving 536,792 students across 1,371 public schools.
- Connecticut public schools have a diversity score of 0.62, which is higher than the national average of 0.52.
- Minority enrollment is 44% (majority Hispanic) and the student:teacher ratio is 13:1.
Student by Ethnicity
(CT) School Average
Two or more races
Connecticut Public Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 285 Schools146,786 Students46% Minority
- 379 Schools140,780 Students51% Minority
- 86 Schools24,115 Students17% Minority
- 74 Schools21,334 Students23% Minority
- 308 Schools127,828 Students51% Minority
- 126 Schools38,917 Students35% Minority
- 58 Schools19,785 Students17% Minority
- 55 Schools17,247 Students27% Minority
August 16, 2018
Bullying is becoming the red hot topic in education circles today, and the U.S. Department of Education is taking note. Learn about the anti-bullying summit held by Education Secretary Arne Duncan and how schools may finally put an end to bullying.
July 12, 2018
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
July 12, 2018
Meal delivery services are all the rage these days, but could they be the solution to the school lunch problem? Keep reading to find out!