Riverside School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Riverside School's student population of 483 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||483 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Riverside School is ranked within the top 1% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Greenwich School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverside Greenwich Alternative High School Grades: 9-12 | 32 students
6 Riverside Avenue
Riverside, CT 06878
(203)990-0439 0.6 9-12 32
- Old Greenwich Old Greenwich School Grades: PK-5 | 449 students
825 Sound Beach Ave.
Old Greenwich, CT 06870
(203)637-0150 0.7 PK-5 449
- Cos Cob Cos Cob School Grades: K-5 | 437 students
300 East Putnam Ave.
Cos Cob, CT 06807
(203)869-4670 0.9 K-5 437
- Greenwich Central Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 567 students
9 Indian Rock Ln.
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)661-8500 1.3 6-8 567
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.