Eastern Middle School
Eastern Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Eastern Middle School's student population of 842 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 72 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||842 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eastern Middle School is ranked within the top 5% of all 951 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#13 out of 951 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (15-16)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Greenwich School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverside Riverside School Grades: K-5 | 471 students
90 Hendrie Ave.
Riverside, CT 06878
(203) 637-1440 0.1 K-5 471
- Cos Cob Cos Cob School Grades: K-5 | 434 students
300 East Putnam Ave.
Cos Cob, CT 06807
(203) 869-4670 0.8 K-5 434
- Old Greenwich Old Greenwich School Grades: PK-5 | 469 students
825 Sound Beach Ave.
Old Greenwich, CT 06870
(203) 637-0150 0.9 PK-5 469
- Greenwich Central Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 577 students
9 Indian Rock Ln.
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203) 661-8500 1.1 6-8 577
- Riverside International School At Dundee Grades: K-5 | 365 students
55 Florence Rd.
Riverside, CT 06878
(203) 637-3800 1.4 K-5 365
I love Eastern- All the teachers are wonderful. You get a great education at Eastern... It is Greenwich so there are some (mean) girls....but there are A LOT of really nice kids too. There is a lot of sports and after school activities to participate in. It is a GREAT school! I think the best part about it is the teachers though. 99% of them are the best teachers I have ever had. I will be in 7th next Yr and I am so exited to continue being a part of Eastern.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cjmcu
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.