Eastern Middle School
Eastern Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Eastern Middle School's student population of 846 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||846 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Eastern Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#39 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Greenwich School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverside Riverside School Grades: K-5 | 468 students
90 Hendrie Ave.
Riverside, CT 06878
(203)637-1440 0.1 K-5 468
- Cos Cob Cos Cob School Grades: K-5 | 446 students
300 East Putnam Ave.
Cos Cob, CT 06807
(203)869-4670 0.8 K-5 446
- Old Greenwich Old Greenwich School Grades: PK-5 | 435 students
825 Sound Beach Ave.
Old Greenwich, CT 06870
(203)637-0150 0.9 PK-5 435
- Greenwich Central Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 558 students
9 Indian Rock Ln.
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)661-8500 1.1 6-8 558
- Riverside International School At Dundee Grades: K-5 | 383 students
55 Florence Rd.
Riverside, CT 06878
(203)637-3800 1.4 K-5 383
I love Eastern- All the teachers are wonderful. You get a great education at Eastern... It is Greenwich so there are some (mean) girls....but there are A LOT of really nice kids too. There is a lot of sports and after school activities to participate in. It is a GREAT school! I think the best part about it is the teachers though. 99% of them are the best teachers I have ever had. I will be in 7th next Yr and I am so exited to continue being a part of Eastern.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - cjmcu
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.