University High School Of Science And Engineering
- University High School Of Science And Engineering's student population of 431 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||431 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- University High School Of Science And Engineering is ranked within the top 50% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hartford School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Museum Academy Grades: PK-5 | 458 students
11 Turkey Hill Road
Bloomfield, CT 06002
(860)231-7800 0.1 PK-5 458
- Hartford Classical Magnet School Grades: 6-12 | 663 students
85 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105
(860)695-9100 0.3 6-12 663
- Hartford West Middle School Grades: K-8 | 359 students
927 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
(860)695-5480 0.6 K-8 359
- Hartford Bristow Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 422 students
34 Highland St.
Hartford, CT 06102
(860)231-2100 0.7 6-8 422
Nearby Homes for Sale
In some cases, it might be the school down the street. Other times, it could be the school across town. We’ll talk about the factors to consider when choosing the best high school for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.