University High School Of Science And Engineering
- University High School Of Science And Engineering's student population of 431 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||431 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- University High School Of Science And Engineering is ranked within the top 50% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#402 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hartford School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bloomfield Museum Academy Grades: PK-5 | 458 students
11 Turkey Hill Road
Bloomfield, CT 06002
(860)231-7800 0.1 PK-5 458
- Hartford Classical Magnet School Grades: 6-12 | 663 students
85 Woodland Street
Hartford, CT 06105
(860)695-9100 0.3 6-12 663
- Hartford West Middle School Grades: K-8 | 359 students
927 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
(860)695-5480 0.6 K-8 359
- Hartford Bristow Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 422 students
34 Highland St.
Hartford, CT 06102
(860)231-2100 0.7 6-8 422
Nearby Homes for Sale
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.