Dover High School
Dover High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Dover High School's student population of 440 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||440 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dover High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#477 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dover Union Free School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Plains Dover Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 322 students
2368 Rt 22
Dover Plains, NY 12522
(845)877-5740 0.0 6-8 322
- Wingdale Wingdale Elementary School Grades: K-2 | 259 students
6413 Rt 55
Wingdale, NY 12594
(845)877-5720 2.7 K-2 259
- Dover Plains Dover Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 320 students
9 School St
Dover Plains, NY 12522
(845)877-5730 3.7 3-5 320
- Kent Kent Center School Grades: PK-8 | 225 students
9 Judd Street
Kent, CT 06757
(860)927-3537 5.6 PK-8 225
- Pawling Pawling High School Grades: 9-12 | 371 students
30 Wagner Rd
Pawling, NY 12564
(845)855-4620 7.5 9-12 371
academic programs excellent. music program is award winning and fantastic. great source of pride for 1/3 of the students. Plenty of extracurriculars, ex. for 6th grade. Facilities are top notch, very well cared for buildings and grounds.
- Posted by Parent - sjack
We report on new legislation in Mississippi that allows students to pray publicly in their schools across the state. Now, schools must develop policies to allow for prayer – but the new law is loaded with controversy.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.