Danbury High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 3,340 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 16:1
- Minority Enrollment: 68%
- Graduation Rate: 82% (Btm 50% in CT)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 19% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 41% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CT Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
19% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 39% CT state average), while 41% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CT state average).
What is the graduation rate of Danbury High School?
The graduation rate of Danbury High School is 82%, which is lower than the Connecticut state average of 90%.
How many students attend Danbury High School?
3,340 students attend Danbury High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
51% of Danbury High School students are Hispanic, 32% of students are White, 8% of students are Black, 7% of students are Asian, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Danbury High School?
Danbury High School has a student ration of 16:1, which is higher than the Connecticut state average of 12:1.
What grades does Danbury High School offer ?
Danbury High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
What school district is Danbury High School part of?
Danbury High School is part of Danbury School District.
View the Danbury High School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Danbury High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities