Danbury High School
Danbury High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Danbury High School's student population of 2941 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 187 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,941 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||187 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Danbury High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 968 schools in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Danbury High School is Danbury School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Danbury School District's student population of 11,137 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 77% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $13,472 in this district is less than the state average of $20,313. The district revenue/student has declined by 12% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $13,450 is less than the state average of $19,375. The district spending/student has declined by 10% over four school years.
|School District Name||Danbury School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||11,137||1,534|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$143 MM||$31 MM|
|District Spending||$143 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$13,472||$20,313|
|District Spending / Student||$13,450||$19,375|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danbury Hayestown Avenue School Grades: PK-5 | 470 students
42 Tamarack Ave.
Danbury, CT 06811
(203)797-4771 1.0 PK-5 470
- Danbury Pembroke School Grades: PK-5 | 368 students
34 1/2 Pembroke Rd.
Danbury, CT 06811
(203)797-4751 1.0 PK-5 368
- Danbury King Street Intermediate School Grades: 4-5 | 369 students
151 South King St.
Danbury, CT 06811
(203)797-4761 1.6 4-5 369
The faculty is amazing, students need some work
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Someone
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.