Hayestown Avenue School
- Hayestown Avenue School's student population of 467 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||467 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hayestown Avenue School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#491 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Danbury School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Danbury Pembroke School Grades: PK-5 | 348 students
34 1/2 Pembroke Rd.
Danbury, CT 06811
(203)797-4751 0.6 PK-5 348
- Danbury Broadview Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1011 students
72 Hospital Ave.
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)797-4861 0.7 6-8 1011
- Danbury Alternative Center For Excellence Grades: 9-12 | 83 students
26 Locust Ave.
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)797-4786 1.0 9-12 83
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.