Mayville Elementary School
- Mayville Elementary School's student population of 265 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mayville Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1316 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mayville Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mayville Mayville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 142 students
6210 Fulton St
Mayville, MI 48744
(989) 843-6115 0.1 6-8 142
- Caro Caro Center Grades: Inquire with school
2000 Chambers Rd
Caro, MI 48723
(989) 673-3191 9.0 Inquire with school n/a
- Millington Kirk Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 476 students
8664 Dean Dr
Millington, MI 48746
(989) 660-2441 9.3 K-5 476
- Millington Millington High School Grades: 9-12 | 407 students
8780 Dean Dr
Millington, MI 48746
(989) 871-5220 9.3 9-12 407
A number of school districts either have or are considering homework-free weekend policies, but the idea is not without its share of controversy. We’ll take a look at both sides of the issue.
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.