Mccorkle Pk-8 places among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Mccorkle Pk-8's student population of 932 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||932 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Mccorkle Pk-8's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1288 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||19:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Tucson Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Raul Grijalva Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 624 students
1795 West Drexel Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85746
(520)908-3600 1.5 PK-5 624
- Tucson Pueblo High Magnet School Grades: 8-12 | 1710 students
3500 S. 12th Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)225-4300 1.7 8-12 1710
- Tucson Toltecali High School Grades: 9-12 | 96 students
251 W. Irvington Rd
Tucson, AZ 85714
(520)807-7923 1.8 9-12 96
- Tucson S.t.a.r. Academic Center Grades: 6-12 | 256 students
5093 S. Liberty
Tucson, AZ 85706
(520)545-2000 1.9 6-12 256
- Tucson La Paloma Academy-south Grades: K-8 | 413 students
5660 S 12th
Tucson, AZ 85715
(520)545-0575 2.0 K-8 413
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.