Melrose Avenue Elementary School
- Melrose Avenue Elementary School's student population of 334 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Melrose Avenue Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1203 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 814 students
929 N. Las Palmas Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038
(323)993-3400 0.6 6-8 814
- Los Angeles Fairfax Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1922 students
7850 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323)370-1200 0.9 9-12 1922
- Los Angeles Whitman Continuation Grades: 9-12 | 66 students
7795 Rosewood Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323)651-0645 0.9 9-12 66
- Los Angeles Hollywood Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1515 students
1521 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)993-1700 1.0 9-12 1515
- Los Angeles West Hollywood Opportunity Grades: 7-12 | 69 students
1049 Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323)654-4155 1.0 7-12 69
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.