- Merrimac School's student population of 460 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||460 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Merrimac School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#2010 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||SACHEM CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holbrook Grundy Avenue School Grades: K-5 | 543 students
950 Grundy Ave
Holbrook, NY 11741
(631)471-1820 0.4 K-5 543
- Holtsville Tamarac Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 489 students
50 Spence Ave
Holtsville, NY 11742
(631)244-5680 1.6 K-5 489
- Patchogue Canaan Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 526 students
59 Fry Blvd
Patchogue, NY 11772
(631)687-8100 2.3 K-5 526
- Sayville Sayville Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 723 students
291 Johnson Ave
Sayville, NY 11782
(631)244-6650 2.3 6-8 723
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.