Metcalf Elementary School serves 729 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
Metcalf Elementary School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the Arizona state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 72% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Arizona state average of 65% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-4
- Enrollment: 729 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 72%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in AZ
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Metcalf Elementary School's student population of 729 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Metcalf Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,854 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Metcalf Elementary School is 0.54, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#249 out of 1854 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (20-21)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Metcalf Elementary School's ranking?
Metcalf Elementary School is ranked #249 out of 1,854 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Arizona.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 32% AZ state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 39% AZ state average).
How many students attend Metcalf Elementary School?
729 students attend Metcalf Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
62% of Metcalf Elementary School students are Hispanic, 28% of students are White, 6% of students are American Indian, 2% of students are Two or more races, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Metcalf Elementary School?
Metcalf Elementary School has a student ration of 21:1, which is higher than the Arizona state average of 17:1.
What grades does Metcalf Elementary School offer ?
Metcalf Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-4
What school district is Metcalf Elementary School part of?
Metcalf Elementary School is part of Morenci Unified District (4230) School District.
Review Metcalf Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Cops and Children: Why Police Officers are Stationed at Elementary Schools
Learn about the growing trend of stationing police officers at elementary schools and the benefits of establishing a legal environment on campus at a young age.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.