Miami Macarthur South
Miami Macarthur South places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Miami Macarthur South's student population of 120 students has grown by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Miami Macarthur South's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has increased from 5:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3465 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dade School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Homestead Air Base K-8 Center For International Education Grades: PK-8 | 1066 students
12829 Sw 272nd St
Homestead, FL 33032
(305)258-3676 1.2 PK-8 1066
- Homestead Aspira Leadership And College Preparatory Academy Grades: K-8 | 316 students
13330 Sw 288th St
Homestead, FL 33033
(305)246-1111 1.7 K-8 316
- Miami Irving & Beatrice Peskoe K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 889 students
301 Westward Dr
Miami, FL 33166
(305)242-8340 1.8 PK-8 889
- Homestead Leisure City K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 1066 students
14950 Sw 288th St
Homestead, FL 33033
(305)247-5431 1.8 PK-8 1066
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.