Michael J Petrides School
- Michael J Petrides School's student population of 1,313 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 86 teachers has grown by 19% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,313 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Michael J Petrides School is ranked within the top 50% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1884 out of 4239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic District #31 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Staten Island P.S. 35 Clove Valley School Grades: K-5 | 393 students
60 Foote Ave
Staten Island, NY 10301
(718) 442-3037 0.4 K-5 393
- Staten Island Naples Street Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 298 students
1055 Targee St
Staten Island, NY 10304
(718) 876-4610 0.7 PK-4 298
- Staten Island Concord High School Grades: 9-12 | 166 students
109 Rhine Ave
Staten Island, NY 10304
(718) 447-1274 0.8 9-12 166
- Staten Island P.S. 29 Bardwell Grades: PK-5 | 642 students
1581 Victory Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10314
(718) 556-4400 0.9 PK-5 642
looking for review informations, please keep me uptaded, thanks, I really looking forward to ear any kind of informations for my Goddaugther
- Posted by Parent - Mia
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.