Corunna School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public elementary schools in Corunna School District, serving 1,038 students. Public elementary schools in Corunna School District have an average math proficiency score of 20% (versus the Michigan public elementary school average of 37%), and reading proficiency score of 38% (versus the 44% statewide average). This district's average elementary testing ranking is 4/10, which is in the bottom 50% of public elementary schools in Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Michigan public elementary school average of 35% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is equal to the Michigan public elementary school average of 18:1.
|School District Name||Corunna School District|
|School District Website||http://www.corunna.k12.mi.us|
|School District Phone Number||(989) 743-6338|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||2,561 Schools|
|# of Students||1,038 Students||1,001,744 Students|
|# of Teachers||58 Teachers||57,230 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
- Corunna School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 834 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#646 out of 869 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||5 Students||7,587 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2 Students||33,452 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||32 Students||81,130 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||11 Students||183,498 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||947 Students||652,184 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||843 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||41 Students||43,148 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||133||113,244|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||122||105,793|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||115||103,922|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||116||105,390|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||138||107,953|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||124||112,255|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||161||112,452|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||129||93,375|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||92,457|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||13,485|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||13,337|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||12,576|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||13,359|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2,146|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,968 in this school district is less than the state median of $13,151. The school district revenue/student has grown by 6% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,499 is higher than the state median of $13,281. The school district spending/student has grown by 43% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$20 MM||$10 MM|
|Spending||$26 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,968||$13,151|
|Revenue / Student||$14,499||$13,281|
Corunna School District Public Elementary Schools (2020-21)
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.