Macomb ISD School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 4 public middle schools managed by Macomb ISD School District serving 905 students in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
- Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Michigan state average of 34%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is less than the state average of 18:1.
Macomb ISD School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sterling Heights Bozymowski Center 11870 Eldorado Dr
Sterling Heights, MI 48312
Grades: K-12 | 335 students
- Macomb Glen H. Peters School 46650 Heydenreich Rd
Macomb, MI 48044
Grades: K-12 | 266 students
- Warren Keith Bovenschen School 12345 Frazho Rd
Warren, MI 48089
Grades: K-12 | 221 students
|School District Name||Macomb ISD School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,234 students|
|# of Teachers||205 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
|# of Male Students||869 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||365 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||34 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||20 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||264 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||891 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||21|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||92|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||94|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||87|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||67|
|# of Ungraded Students:||268|
- Macomb ISD School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 855 school districts in Michigan (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 5% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $77,115 is higher than the state average of $12,544. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $85,911 is higher than the state average of $12,533. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (MI)|
|Total Revenue||$179 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$199 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$77,115||$12,544|
|Spending / Student||$85,911||$12,533|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.